Join me for a two hour in class presentation and a three hour guided night shoot along the northern Lake Erie shoreline where we will visit one of my favourite night sky shooting locations in Southwestern, Ontario.
Located approximately 2 hours southwest of Toronto, this area of the province offers a wonderful opportunity to capture photographs of the night sky and surrounding landscape.
IN THIS WORKSHOP YOU WILL LEARN ABOUT:
- Basic gear to get you started
- Pre-scouting locations
- Calculating proper exposure (ISO, Shutter Speed & Aperture)
- Working with histograms
- How to find critical focus resulting in sharp images
- Shooting star trails
- Capturing lightning
- Light painting techniques
- Shooting during the "blue" twilight hour
- Full moon vs crescent vs no moon
- Useful phone apps
Today's digital cameras can capture the night sky unlike any of their predecessors. This workshop is a great intro course to teach you the basics of night photography before you dive into a more advanced course, such as my Milky Way Photography Workshop.